- You improve the longevity of your products.
- You improve customer satisfaction with better quality guarantees.
- You advise your customers and supervise them regarding chain quality.
What does it cost?
Research into and advice about longevity of flowers and plants is often customised work. The cost depends on your individual wishes. Request an estimate without obligations.
How does it work?
Flowers and plants undergo a long journey before they reach consumers. Quality control during transport ensures that your flowers and plants bloom optimally in their homes. By monitoring the quality level of your product or optimising it, there is less loss and you demonstrate that you are a reliable partner. We can help you to optimise the entire delivery chain. This makes the Post-Harvest Knowledge Centre of Royal FloraHolland unique in the world.
Our chain advisors are specialised in improving the longevity and quality of flowers and plants throughout the entire delivery chain. You can turn to the Post-Harvest Knowledge Centre for:
- Post-harvest audits, data loggers (temperature and humidity meters), cold storage audits and detecting weak links in the delivery chain
- Questions and advice about improvements in the treatment of the product, for example concerning post-harvest treatment, packaging, hygiene, quality control, temperature and relative humidity during transport. You can also turn to us for advice about ethylene sensitivity, temperature fluctuations or transport in water
- Flowering or longevity tests: we have facilities for testing indoors and outdoors
- Independent 'Post-Harvest' research (ISO 9001-certified) in all links of the delivery chain, from harvest to the shop shelf. Any kind of quality testing is possible, e.g. regarding longevity, maturity, pre-treatment, effect of sleeves and boxes, flowering, ethylene sensitivity, botrytis, temperature fluctuations and transport in water
- Testing and benchmarking new and existing varieties. The test can be customised for you
- Training of your staff, to improve their knowledge about: your product flows and their conditioning; the cold chain of an order; acceptance test of products; grading and packaging; assortment knowledge for new or non-specialist purchasers and quality inspectors.
The training possibilities vary from a short session to an entire course. Our training courses are tailor-made for you and held on site or at a Royal FloraHolland location.
We work together with a number of renowned knowledge institutes, including the Dutch Federation of Agriculture and Horticulture (Land- en Tuinbouw Organisatie Nederland, LTO), the Association of Wholesalers in Flower Nursery Products (Vereniging van Groothandelaren in Bloemkwekerijproducten, VGB) and Wageningen University & Research (WUR).