Always register collections and returns of packaging units in advance
Do you want to return or pick up packaging units? You should always register this in advance. Do this easily and digitally via Packaging Online.
Checklist for returning packaging units
- Do not change the appearance of the packaging unit (and thus also the support shelves): no affixing, painting or in any other way adding brand marks, symbols or names, other than in the manner and location approved by Royal FloraHolland
- Deliver packaging units on auction trolleys with the three standard fixed shelves on the bottom.
- Always return reusable buckets completely empty.
- The following applies to multi-use boxes:
- Always return them completely empty
- Please place horizontally and with the lid facing up
- Always deliver in a set with a lid and a base
- Plastic hooks: do not push them into or through the cardboard. This is dangerous for users and it damages the boxes.
- Packaging unit broken due to wear and tear? If so, we would like you to provide it separately. We will then reject it at our own expense.
If you deliver a packaging unit in a state that deviates from the guidelines, we reserve the right not to accept this packaging unit.
When do you receive no or partial reimbursement after returning packaging?
- When plastic packaging has clearly been painted or sprayed, wrongly or excessively stickered or has melted.
- When packaging is in poor condition due to improper use so that reuse is not possible.
- When several boxes are wet, or have been wet.
- When boxes are damaged by plastic hooks that have been pushed into or through the cardboard.
- Sticky and damaged multiple boxes.
Your location may have specific collection rules on top of these. Check each location.
Checklist packaging collection
Packaging units can be collected at all locations. Want to know more about collection guidelines for packaging units? All locations have their own checklist. These have been drawn up for each location.