Royal FloraHolland employs a packaging policy, that differs for clock auction or direct flows.
Packaging policy for clock
For sales via the clock, the buyer of the products is unknown, as is the logistics path of the packaging. Because the buyer must be sure that the packaging is of good quality and has dimensions that fit his logistics and his expectations, we have imposed rules on this.
With these rules we strive to standardise the aspects of quality, dimensions and material.The material policy (waste policy) concerns the quality and composition of the waste and our legal responsibilities as a sector.
The aims of the packaging policy for the clock are:
- A packaging for the clock is primarily intended for handling the product: protection, bundling, informing
- Standardisation is meant to serve efficient chain logistics: dimensions, quality, appearance, ergonomics, number inside
Packaging policy for intermediary segment
Direct orders often involve customisation. And the destination
is often known. That is why no packaging regulations apply in this
case. You make your own arrangements with the buyer about the
product, quantities and packaging. We do advise you to use
VBN-certified packaging. If you decide to use something else, we
recommend with respect to sustainability using at least packaging
made from the same materials (cardboard or polystyrene PS for
single-use plant trays). Other materials like PET contaminate the
waste flows from the plant trays, which makes it more difficult to
reuse the material.
For direct trade orders, all packaging codes may be used. It is up to the buyer to check that you have entered the correct packaging code.
Management of Royal FloraHolland-certified packaging
- Single-use boxes: Most single-use cardboard boxes can be bought at the auction. These boxes are labelled with the Royal FloraHolland logo. In this way we ensure the quality and dimensions of the boxes.
- Single-use plastic trays: A quality symbol Normpack® has been created for the single-use plastic trays. This is managed by Sivepo (Sierteelt verpakkingspool). The manufacturers of the trays may only use the symbol if they have a licence. You can buy the single-use trays from the manufacturer, at Royal FloraHolland or from various intermediaries.
- Multi-use packaging: Multi-use packaging like flower buckets, flower boxes, plant trays and planters is managed by Royal FloraHolland. You can pick them up from and return them to the packaging depots at Royal FloraHolland, including Plantion and Veiling Rhein-Maas.