What are the definitive rules for flower photos?29 May 2019
After the tightening of the product photo policy, growers made it clear in the autumn of 2018 that the photo rules did not sufficiently meet their wishes with regard to standing out from the crowd. Given the standardization and uniformization of the marketplace, buyers also expressed a desire for a standard product photo.
It was decided that a grower is free to add corporate identity elements and characteristics,provided the five mandatory photo rules are met. These five rules are designed to ensure a reliable product photo. A photo is considered to be reliable when a customer receives precisely what is depicted in the product photo. What you see is what you get!
What are the mandatory photo rules?
There are three mandatory visual rules:
Click on the image for an enlargement
In addition, there are two technical rules:
- The photo is in JPEG format
- The photo is no larger than 5MB
Recommended photo rules
In addition to these mandatory rules, we give growers advice about their product photo. We do this because:
- Customers who buy at the clock only have a short time to decide whether they want to buy your product.
- A fixed layout helps to make a quick choice.
- The photos can then be used right away in their customers' webshops.
Advice and support
If you have any questions,
ask your auctioneer for advice.
Would you like more support? That's possible! Our Guidance Team staff can assess your photos and can even observe the photo shoot at your location.
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive each week:
- current and relevant news
- based on your own profile
Do not display againSubscribe