Working together with customers on the tool review app27 October 2017
To ensure digital purchasing is reliable, we are developing various tools for our customers. One of them is a review app. This new functionality supports customers as they review the clock supply and mark interesting lots.
With the app, lots can be marked by several buyers from one company at the same time. These buyers are sent a signal when the marked lots come up for auction.
Development of app
The first version of the review app was tested by a number of customers. The app is now being updated to incorporate their feedback, and then it will be tested again. The final version should be ready in the first quarter of 2018.
Ultimately, this app will replace the current scanner. The final version of the review app will be available via the Royal FloraHolland app.
We are also developing other tools for growers and customers to ensure that the supply information is entirely correct and in order. This is an important precondition for the image auctioning of plants. It is being done in consultation with the Strengthening the Plant Clock Sounding Board Group.
- More room and time to review the products;
- Making the starting time of the auctions uniform in combination with additional time for reviewing;
- Auction speed and auction group classification of the plant clocks so the customers can easily follow the clocks through image auctioning;
- Tightening the photo guidelines;
- A photo app that makes it easy to take representative product photos and provide the right supply information.
Digital is the standard
The proposed aim to start implementing the image auctioning of plants in the second half of this year caused quite a commotion among a number of customers and growers. During subsequent discussions, it became apparent that the members broadly support Royal FloraHolland's digitalisation strategy and that its necessity is not disputed. But for its implementation, representative product photos and the correct supply information are essential. At the moment the quality of the photos and of the supply information is not good enough. It is too soon to stop with displaying plants in front of the physical clock. That is why we are creating tools to help growers and customers adjust to digitalisation.
- The latest version of the app can be downloaded for free for Android and iOS.
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive each week:
- current and relevant news
- based on your own profile
Do not display againSubscribe