Tools for making representative product photos12 October 2017
To support growers with making representative product photos, we have developed several tools. They will allow us to work together to fulfil the primary wish of customers: product photos that are totally reliable.
We find that 95% of the photos are representative. But 60% does not yet meet the guidelines. The photo guidelines we currently use are experienced by growers as unclear and too complex. That is why we are improving the guidelines to help you make representative product photos. On 25 October 2017 we shall ask the Strengthen the plant clock sounding board group to test the new photo guidelines. A representative from the Keep the plant clock group will also participate in this sounding board group.
Next, we want to produce other tools to optimise the making of representative photos. This will also be done in consultation with the Strengthen the plant clock sounding board group:
- a photo-app to make it easier to provide representative product photos and correct supply information;
- more space and time to display the products;
- making the starting time of the auctions uniform in combination with more time for displaying;
- changing the auction speed and auction group classification of the plant clocks so the customers can keep up with the clocks more easily during image auctioning.
Digital is the standard
The intention to launch image auctioning at the plant clocks this autumn caused quite a lot of commotion among some customers and growers. During the subsequent talks, it became apparent that the members broadly support the digitalisation strategy of Royal FloraHolland, and its necessity is recognised. For the implementation of digitalisation, representative product photos and the correct supply information are essential. Currently, the quality of the photos and the supply information is not good enough. It is evidently too soon to stop displaying the plants in front of the physical clock. That is why we are creating tools to help growers and customers cope with digitalisation.
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive each week:
- current and relevant news
- based on your own profile
Do not display againSubscribe