From 480 to 106 product codes for cyclamen. A big improvement24 May 2017
At the request of growers and buyers of cyclamen, we shall be using uniform product names and fewer product codes from 1 June 2017. The colours of cyclamen will also be incorporated in the grading characteristics.
Buyers were not satisfied with the product codes for cyclamen: too many, not uniform and often too long. In consultation with the breeders, the situation has been improved.
What is changing?
- The number of product codes has been reduced from 480 to 106 new product codes.
- Among houseplants, the 'Cyclamen Other' group is being dropped and replaced by 'Cyclamen midi'.
- The clock name abbreviations have been made uniform.
- With the new product codes the colour is incorporated in the product name. This is specified in code S50.
What action is required of buyers?
Please contact your software supplier in plenty of time to implement these changes in the systems that you use.
Subscribe to our newsletter and receive each week:
- current and relevant news
- based on your own profile
Do not display againSubscribe