Entering quantities has been updated24 June 2021
Different purchasing methods are used at Royal FloraHolland’s export locations. For example, it’s still possible to purchase via speech or by entering quantities in Aalsmeer and Rijnsburg, whereas in Naaldwijk only purchasing by entering quantities is possible.
Currently, we still hold auctions separately at Royal FloraHolland's three export locations: Aalsmeer, Naaldwijk and Rijnsburg. We are moving towards a nationwide, and therefore location-independent, digital auction. There we will be combining demand and supply from our three export sites in a single digital (global) marketplace.
In the run-up to this, the different purchasing methods will be aligned. In doing so, we are opting for entering quantities. This means that from the end of this year, a buyer will no longer use audio (speech) to signal his purchase intention on Royal FloraHolland's auction clocks, but by means of entering quantities. This will apply to all auction groups.
The updated entering quantities
Various purchasers expressed their concern recently about functionalities that cannot be accessed by entering quantities. This is why we have developed alternatives for options that will be discontinued when speech is no longer possible. With the updated entering quantities, buyers can now use the following functionalities:
- Set up your own keyboard. From now on, it will be possible to:
- purchase quantities of '7' and '11' via the O and P buttons respectively;
- allocate quantities of packaging units or auction trolleys to 12 freely assignable keys;
- delete quantities from a certain key;
- purchase a quantity through a key combination using the space bar.
- You can use a key combination to submit an Urgent sale (only available in Rijnsburg);
- You will still be able to file an error report. If you fix the Auction price high for the next lot, the Auctioneer will open an audio connection.
Watch an instructional video that explains these new functionalities:
Discover the possibilities
Following advice from the Nationwide Auctioning Support Team and individual discussions with buyers, we are giving buyers the time to get used to (the updated way of) entering quantities.
Entering quantities is already possible now at all export locations. Buyers can also use test clock T60 at any time to practise purchasing via entering a quantity. Do you still use audio (speech) to buy via the Auction? From the end of this year, this will no longer be possible. Be well prepared and start switching to entering quantities now
We are happy to help you
Having problems? We will be happy to assist you in making the transition to entering quantities, and can drop by at one of our export locations if you wish. Please contact our Customer Contact Center about this.