Handling data with integrity as an essential prerequisite for your transactions through Floriday03 November 2020
Royal FloraHolland is developing a new digital infrastructure for the floriculture industry. By the end of 2020, all direct transactions will be 100% Digital. As part of 100% Digital, growers and buyers are making more data from direct transactions available to Floriday than before. This is leading to queries from the market regarding what Royal FloraHolland can and may do with this data. In this news item, we explain our data policy and how we have tightened it up over the past few months thanks to feedback from growers and buyers.
Royal FloraHolland seeks 100% integrity in the handling of data on Floriday, with guarantees in implementation that this is done in accordance with transparently communicated and monitored policy. In the market, growers and buyers do business with each other in different ways. Forward supply, contract trade, requests and seasonal offers are just some of the forms that are available. In the new circumstances, the functions in Floriday make it possible, for example, to digitally record contract information between grower and buyer, such as agreements on prices, quantities, labels and stickers and other conditions. It is of great importance that growers and buyers can rely on integrity in the handling of data.
Royal FloraHolland information policy
The recording of data is necessary for Royal FloraHolland's
service provision, for example for order processing, financial
processing, logistic activities and implementing corrections. In
addition (transactional) data, is used for the creation and
provision of reports/market reports, price suggestions, marketing
advice, etc. In the case of reports shared by Royal FloraHolland,
this information cannot be traced back to an individual company.
Our goal is to allow the floriculture chain to function more
efficiently and data can help in this.
With regard to any data entrusted to Royal FloraHolland, users of the marketplace and Floriday have access to personal data at all times. In addition, Royal FloraHolland complies with the applicable laws and regulations for privacy, competition and data security. Integrity and confidentiality are paramount, something we can demonstrate at all times.
Current and supplementary measures
With the advent of Floriday, and as a result of 100% Digital, Royal FloraHolland maintains the following measures and additional measures have been taken:
- Access to data is exclusively limited to those employees who are required to have this data by virtue of their position, the Client Contact Centre in order to deal with queries and Financial Services in order to carry out financial transactions.
- In order to increase awareness, all Royal FloraHolland employees have been and will continue to be trained in the Royal FloraHolland Code of Conduct, which indicates, among other things, how to deal with commercially sensitive information. In addition, a great deal of attention is paid to Security Awareness training courses (for example, employees have a duty of confidentiality).
- In the case of detected or reported violations or deviations, the HR policy, in which sanctions are laid down for these, is applicable.
- Technical measures have been taken to regulate access to our systems: authentication (is the person seeking access really the person he/she claims to be?) and authorisation (what can you do as a user in a particular environment?) Furthermore, procedural measures have been taken to determine how changes are implemented in IT systems.
- The 'Royal Floraholland Information Policy Committee' formulates our information policy and monitors its implementation.
- The 'Internal Audit' department of Royal FloraHolland and the external auditor from PWC conduct an annual investigation into the design, existence and operation of the above measures.
Data Committee for information policy
Moreover, it has been decided that, before the end of 2020, a Data Committee will be set up to discuss and evaluate the implementation of the Information Policy in practice. It will consist of representatives of Royal FloraHolland, growers and buyers, supplemented by external independent data experts.
More information or questions
For more information and questions on this subject, please contact your Royal FloraHolland account manager. Or contact the Customer Contact Centre at +31 (0)88 789 89 89 or email@example.com.
More related news
Always up to date with the latest news? Sign up for our weekly digital newsletter.
Do not display againSubscribe