TomorrowPlant starts again on 28 January22 January 2020
TomorrowPlant is a Royal FloraHolland pilot in which growers set a withdrawal price. Royal FloraHolland started this pilot in late 2019, and because the responses were positive, it will be continued in 2020. The pilot starts again in late January. With TomorrowPlant, the product that is being auctioned is still at the nursery. The buyer is guaranteed to receive the product the next day, directly from the garden. This way, buyers are given access to an exclusive assortment of products that have never been supplied to the clock before, and there are no risks for growers.
TomorrowPlant is an initiative that was created in close cooperation with growers and customers, via the sounding-board group Plants and the Leading Team around the clock. Royal FloraHolland started this pilot in late 2019 because buyers want a broader assortment. Previously, growers never or rarely delivered these products via the clock, because there was a chance that the price would not be reached. The arrival of TomorrowPlant changed that. Growers set a withdrawal price, and products are not withdrawn below that price. Growers don't have to supply unsold products due to the Buy-Today-Receive-Tomorrow principle. Growers only pay lot levies and no trolley levies or commission fees. This means that there are no risks for growers with TomorrowPlant. Remarkable is that 75% of TomorrowPlant's turnover was achieved via KOA (remote buying).
What does this mean for growers?
• Growers have to assign each product the reference V12 with value 001 in EAB. This way, TomorrowPlant ends up at the clock front.
• The EAB must be sent before 12:00 noon on Monday.
• When the product is sold, the grower receives a VEPT message if they are subscribed to this RFH service.
• The products have to be delivered on the trolley in Aalsmeer before 4:00 am on Wednesday.
• Every product must meet the minimum requirements: A1, product information, photo, plant passport with auction group 222 printed on an A4 sheet.
What does this mean for the buyer?
• Supply will be ready in FloraMondo as of 12:00 noon on Monday.
• The products can be bought every week at 06:30 am on clock 14.
• When the product is bought, you will receive the EKT on Tuesday (as usual).
• If the product does not meet the minimum requirement, complaints can be filed on Wednesday.
• Delivery takes place the next day before 07:00 am at your delivery location in Aalsmeer. Inform your box employee and/or transporter about auction group 222.
The TomorrowPlant assortment does not only consist of exclusive green plants, but is supplemented with flowering exclusive products that are rarely sold on the clock. TomorrowPlant takes place every week on Tuesday at Aalsmeer from 6:30 am at clock 14. The auction takes place through image auctioning in a separate auction group, auction group 222. Currently, Clock presales is not yet possible.
More related news
- 02 February 2021