The future starts in Eelde25 August 2020
The countdown has begun. The first new services for growers and buyers will be available from Monday, 21 September 2020. With the preparations carried out in recent months, Eelde is now a hypermodern hub, with the very latest services.
A future-proof auction and logistics centre for the north of the Netherlands and the northwest of Germany, the Eelde location is now even more attractive for growers and buyers, says location manager Thomas Bugel: "The future starts in Eelde. For growers and buyers. For our location and ultimately for Royal FloraHolland. We will be launching new service concepts from Eelde. That is why we will continue to look for new possibilities in the future to connect growers and buyers. This will create new opportunities for growth and obviously we want to grow as a location. In doing so, we will strengthen our position in the north of the Netherlands and we see opportunities for growth in the northwest of Germany."
New services thanks to intensive collaboration with growers and buyers
In Eelde, new services in the field of auctioning and logistics will be available from 21 September, including order picking and image auctioning, aimed at making customers' processes more efficient and improving trade. In order to enable new ways of auctioning and logistic services, Eelde is now fully connected to the group systems, which are also used by the Royal FloraHolland export locations. Linking various forms of services to the Floriday trading platform ensures a foundation from which Eelde can further expand in the future. We have worked closely with buyers and growers in order to get everything ready: "The innovations will have a significant impact. Realising this ambitious project without the commitment and constructive attitude of our customers and our employees would have been impossible. Examples in this regard include the new form of image auctioning that was specially designed for Eelde and the speed at which all buyers have switched to the group system for KOA. That energy and positive attitude of everyone involved in Eelde are what make this location so unique. Ultimately, everyone reaps the benefits. The size of the Eelde location also enables a high speed in the delivery of auctioned products. That is what makes Eelde so attractive for florists in the vicinity of our location", says Bugel.
What innovations have been made in Eelde?
The following innovations and new services will soon be made available to customers in Eelde:
- One of the spearheads for Eelde is the implementation of fulfilment with which logistics will take place via order picking. To this end, adjustments have been made to the layout and use of the building. This allows us to offer customers new customised logistics services.
- Complete switch to image auctioning. For growers, this means that the photo supplied with the lot must still be representative; the photo is visible to buyers in their KOA application.
- Remote Buying (KOA) from the stands or from another location via the Royal FloraHolland group system.
- We are working with 'photo corridors' for the first time where we take photos of the trolleys to be auctioned; this enables us to present the products to be auctioned via up-to-date images on the wall of the auction room.
- Clock Presales; customers can purchase products from the clock supply before the clock starts.
- Growers will be given the opportunity to use a minimum sales price at the clock. Clock Presales and the option to apply a minimum sales price were previously available at the export locations.
- Eelde has now fully switched to the group system for both auctioning and finance. This was a necessary improvement in order to be able to offer new services.
- Eelde will soon be visible in the Floriday dashboard.
- Clock service will switch to Direct.
- The purchasing rates for buyers have been brought into line with Royal FloraHolland's export locations.