New Flowers auction schedule in Naaldwijk from 30 January 202016 January 2020
Naaldwijk will introduce a new Flowers auction schedule on Thursday 30 January, with a different auction sequence on a number of clocks. The reason being the preparations for the Nationwide Auctioning Pilot with Cut Anthurium. We will combine clocks for that pilot. For example, one of the clocks will be made available for experiments with a nationwide clock. Nationwide auctioning happens to be one of the focus points of the Royal FloraHolland strategy.
Cut Anthurium is the first product group of the Nationwide Auctioning Pilot. It is being investigated whether Carnation could be used as a second product group. The pilot is planned to start at the end of the first quarter of 2020. Where nationwide auctioning is concerned, the products are delivered at the buyer's desired export location. The introduction of interbranch logistics has made this possible.
What does this mean for the Naaldwijk auction schedule?
It specifically concerns these changes for suppliers and
• Clearing clock 6 for the Nationwide Auctioning Pilot;
• Moving the products of clock 6 to other flower clocks;
• Various auction groups being assigned a different auction position and/or auction time.
In collaboration with our auctioneers, we investigated various
scenarios regarding the new auction schedule. The currently
presented auction schedule appeared the best and least intrusive
option. Here we focused on three aspects:
1. The volume per auction clock. Clock 6 has relatively few products with a short auction time;
2. As many start and end times remaining the same. This, unfortunately, wasn't always possible;
3. The new start and end times of groups in comparison to the auction times in Aalsmeer and Rijnsburg.
This schedule was presented to various customers of location (committee) Naaldwijk and to the chairs of the various flower product committees (FPCs) in December. We ask for your understanding if the new schedule proves less advantageous to you than the old situation.
About the pilot
We will start experimenting with Cut Anthurium, as a first product group, at the end of the first quarter. Using the information resulting from this first test, we will investigate how to further roll out nationwide auctioning.
Always up to date with the latest news? Sign up for our weekly digital newsletter.
Do not display againSubscribe