In 2014 Royal FloraHolland altered its commercial support of growers and customers. Instead of separating the marketing instruments of clock auctioning and direct flows, we now approach the market as a whole, by product group. We accomplish this with ‘product teams’.
The product teams of Royal FloraHolland closely follow all the developments concerning the different product groups such as tulip, rose, orchid and green houseplants. They have access to a great deal of information, sourced locally and from abroad. They collect and analyse this information for growers and customers. While they are working on behalf of the collective, they can also work specifically for your company.
Would you like to achieve your highest return from the market and improve your position in the market?
The product teams have unrivalled knowledge of the different product groups (and their world). They can provide growers and customers with concrete information about products, markets and consumers. With that in hand, growers and customers can seize their commercial opportunities and improve their return and position your product better in the market.
Composition of product teams
A product team is multidisciplinary and consists of a core team, assisted by account managers, auctioneers, local staff in offices abroad, order risk advisors and other specialists. The product teams work together with the relevant FPC (Royal FloraHolland product committee).
Each product team has:
- Product managers
- Product managers provide independent selling and purchasing advice to growers and customers. They can also inform you about the Royal FloraHolland marketing instruments: clock, direct and digital.
- Auctioneers are responsible for a broad and deep assortment at the clock. They also inform growers about the day trade and auction location.
- Day trade product sales representative
- The day trade product sales representative helps growers and customers learn to use the digital trade platform FloraMondo. He brings growers and customers in contact at the order level and works closely together with the auctioneer.
- Team manager
- The team manager is the leader and has final responsibility for the outcome.