The Royal FloraHolland 2020 strategy lays out the direction that Royal FloraHolland will take. We aim to reduce costs by one-third and invest in the World Flower Exchange programme.
How can we ensure that our financing structure will allow us to get moving on implementing Royal FloraHolland 2020 as quickly and efficiently as possible? Modification, simplification and modernisation of the financing of the cooperative are necessary to accomplish this. There are three issues:
- Members' financing is required and should form part of our cooperative, but how can we do this while keeping our membership attractive?
- Can we simplify the participation reserve and members' fund by converting them into a single system?
- How do we keep the bank financing at a sensible level with regard to members' financing?
In the past few months this proposal has been intensively discussed with members during e.g. regional and theme meetings. On 2 June 2016 during the General Members' Meeting, the members voted in favour of the proposal and the associated amendment of the articles of association. The new articles of association take effect on 1 January 2017.
- Read the Draft proposal New financing (May 2016)
- Read the 'Q&As New financing of Royal FloraHolland' (April 12, 2016)
- Read 'Draftproposal for discussion on the new financing of the cooperative' (April 12, 2016) Read the article 'Member financing to remain foundation of a powerful cooperative' (GROW, February 2016)
- Download the factsheet 'Financing of the cooperative' (November 2015)