Visit Royal FloraHolland Aalsmeer
Our location at Aalsmeer is the largest trading centre for plants and flowers in the world. And it's just a stone's throw from Schiphol airport.
The earlier you get here, the more you see. The auction is open to the public on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays, from 07.00 to 11.00, and on Thursdays, from 07.00 to 09.00.
We advise to start the visit as early as possible because in the early hours everything is in full activity.
The auction is closed to the public on Saturdays and Sundays, on public holidays and December 31.
The public holidays in 2016 are: January 1 (New Year), March 28 (Easter), April 27 (Kingsday), May 5 (Ascension Day), May 16 (Pentecost) en December 25 (Christmas).
From the Visitor Centre, walk across a gallery through the auction complex. At the end of the gallery, you'll arrive at the auction halls where you'll see the flowers come before the auction clock.
As you walk around, you'll find information panels which explain - in four languages - the auction process and the activities you'll be watching. There's no need to sign up for this tour in advance.
You can also explore the auction with a professional guide. Tours are conducted in Dutch, English, French or German.
Guided tours are by appointment (at 7.00 a.m.), extra costs, only for professional groups.
- Employment communication for students/pupils (request exclusively by teachers)
- Business to Business
- Press and film recording
The Aalsmeer Combi-ticket gives you entrance to Aalsmeer's three tourist high points, all in one day:
- From 07.00: visit the flower auction and stroll around on your own (lasts about 1½ hours).
- From 10.00: visit the Historic Garden. See living history in 13,000 m² of Aalsmeer.
- At 13:30: board a Westeinder Rondvaart boat for a tour of discovery of the Westeinderplassen.
The Aalsmeer Combi-ticket is available from 1 April to October 2 2016, from Tuesday to Friday.
- Adults: € 7.00
- Children(6 to 11 years): € 4.00
- Groups (from 15 people): € 6.00
tour guide and bus driver included
- Guided tour supplement: € 102.00 (max. 25 persons)
- Aalsmeer Combi-ticket adult: € 14.50
- Aalsmeer Combi-ticket child: € 8.75
Parking is free for visitors. Park on the parking roof (P23
The flower auction is easy to get to by public transport: Connexxion bus 172.
Royal FloraHolland Aalsmeer is accessible to those using wheelchairs. Please contact us for more information.
Prepare your visit
- Go to the Google Play Store or the Apple Store and download the izi.TRAVEL app.
- Open the izi.TRAVEL app en click on the compass button on the lower left side of your screen.
- Typ 'Aalsmeer' on the search field and open the Royal FloraHolland audiotour.
- Have fun!
Prepare your visit in 3 clicks
Download the free IZI travel app and watch the tour during your visit to the auction in Aalsmeer.