Cooperation in the sector
Sustainability is a precondition for a healthy future. Together with our members, customers and chain partners, we create a sustainable supply that is tailored to the market.
Our sustainability mission is a future-proof floriculture industry in which flowers and plants are grown and traded with respect for people and the environment. This is how we realize a sustainable supply that is tailored to the market, together with our members, customers and chain partners
An active stakeholder dialogue is an important measure in order to take advantage of opportunities and prevent risks in the implementation of the sustainability policy. We see that stakeholders expect Royal FloraHolland to operate sustainably. On the one hand by actively taking on its own management role within the sector (chain), and on the other hand by making our own processes within the company as sustainable as possible.
Working on a sustainable sector together
Royal FloraHolland plays an active role in the following cooperation initiatives:
- Floriculture Sustainability Initiative (FSI)
- Versnellergroep op Duurzaamheid (accelerator group on sustainability)
- international Corporate Social Responsibility (iCSR)
- Plastic Pact NL
- Sustainable Floriculture Platform
- The Green City
- International standard for Environmental footprint
- Keteninitiatief Transport Verpakkingen (chain initiative transport packaging)
- Deltaplan Biodiversity Recovery