Vacancy for Members’ Council candidate
Would you like to make a difference in our cooperative of the future? Read this vacancy notice and apply before 15 September 2019.
Since the beginning of 2019, Royal FloraHolland has a new governance structure in the form of a Members' Council. The Members' Council forms the link between the members, the Management Board and the Supervisory Board. The aim is to increase the involvement of members, enabling us as a whole to respond better to changes in the market, the cooperative and the company.
The Members' Council consists of 42 international growers who together reflect the more than 4,000 members of the cooperative. Three new members can be appointed as of 1 January 2020.
What does the Members' Council do?
The Members' Council plays a key role in Royal FloraHolland's transition towards the cooperative of the future. The Members' Council is the link between the members, the Management Board and the Supervisory Board and consults members during interactive consultation sessions. During these sessions, members discuss important strategic themes. The results form the basis for the meeting that the Council of Members has with the Management Board.
A member of the Members' Council is characterised by his or her engagement in the cooperative, by wanting to know how fellow growers are doing, in the company Royal FloraHolland and in the sector.
Who can stand as a candidate?
A member on the Members' Council must belong to the circle of members of Royal FloraHolland. This means that you are (partially) the owner of a member company and/or a statutory director in a member company of Royal FloraHolland.
What do we offer and what do we expect of candidates?
- Intensive engagement with the developments going on in the cooperative, the company, its customers and environment
- Contact with members, Management Board and Supervisory Board to conduct member consultation, give advice and take decisions
- Possibility to take training courses on content, personal functioning and facilitating meetings
- After an onboarding period, generous opportunities for personal development
- Compensation for the attendance of meetings and reimbursements for travel and accommodation costs.
Candidates are interested in the markets in which Royal FloraHolland and its members are active and have an affinity for the relationships involved in cooperative business. They assess which different interests are involved in these markets, are independent, and think and act in the general interest.
Candidates can or have the potential to:
- Conduct dialogues with members
- Think and act in terms of policy
- Finding support for decisions and positions taken on by the Members' Council and promoting these both in and outside for the consultation with members;
Candidates are prepared to:
- Free up sufficient time to work effectively in the Members' Council
- The time investment is at least two days per month. This estimate is based on attendance at and preparation for six Members' Councils meetings a year and three consultation sessions.
- Participation in committees (Finance, Strategy, Cooperative Affairs, Member Binding) is also possible, depending on interest and availability.
- Actively participate in periodical evaluation of their own functioning
- Candidates are fluent in English or are willing to master the language
- Members can put themselves forward as a candidate until the end of the day on 15 September 2019.
- In October, the Nomination Committee selects the candidates based on interviews. An independent HR professional will be present at the interview. When selecting the candidates, a good reflection of all members is taken into account.
- In November, the Nomination Committee proposes the selected candidates
- At "The day of the cooperative" on 12 December 2019, the new members are appointed
Would you like to stand as a candidate?
Then register for the Members' Council before 15 September 2019 by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Do you have any questions?
Would you like to know more about what it will be like to be part of the Members' Council? Send your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. The members of the Members' Council are happy to talk to you about it.