Elections Members’ Council
Do you belong to the circle of members of Royal FloraHolland and are you involved in what our Council of Members does? Then apply by 30 September 2021 as Candidate member of the Members’ Council.
Information about the Members' Council
The Members Council will consist of 40 members as of 1 January 2021 and, since its inception in 2019, has been involved in important decisions and policy development. We are an important sounding board for the management.
We test the vision, strategy and realisation of the policy against the day-to-day reality of growers and make signals 'from the garden' discussable. In this way, the company can make well-considered choices and come up with solutions based on the members' interests. In this way, we, the Members' Council, add value for the growers.
The Members' Council is responsible for a good dialogue between the members, the Members' Council and the company. In order to properly fulfil the advisory and signalling role, the Members' Council must know what is going on among the members. Experiences and signals from members are collected during member sessions, among other things. These are used in discussions with the management.
Benefits for members
- Involvement in and advice to the management about strategy and policy;
- The possibility to attend (committee) meetings remotely;
- The opportunity to expand your network in the sector;
- Training, coaching and gaining new experiences (e.g. in committees) to expand your knowledge and improve your skills.
What do we expect from you?
- You are (part) owner of a member company and/or director under the articles of association of a member company of Royal FloraHolland;
- Involvement in the co-operative, because you want to know what is going on at fellow growers, within the Royal FloraHolland company and in the sector;
- Insight into the interests of the members of RFH and the developments within their companies, both nationally and internationally;
- Being able to think and act in terms of policy;
- Sense of relationships in cooperative entrepreneurship;
- An independent attitude in the interest of the whole;
- Good verbal expression skills;
- Good command of the English language or willing to learn it;
- Social skills;
- You have sufficient time to adequately fulfil the position (average time commitment: 2 days per month).
- Members can apply until 30 September 2021 by sending an email to: email@example.com
- In October, the Council of Members' Nominating Committee will select candidates by conducting interviews with an independent HR professional. A good reflection of the membership is taken into account in the selection of the candidates.
- In November, the Council of Members' Nominating Committee nominates the selected candidates for the Council of Members elections. These take place at the end of November/beginning of December. The candidates are appointed if a majority of the votes cast by members is in favour of them.
- The new members are finally appointed on the 'Day of the Cooperative' on 9 December 2021.
Do you still have any questions or you want to know more?
Would you like to know more about serving on the Members'Council? Mail your question to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The members of the Council of Members will be pleased to help you.