Vacancy for Members’ Council candidate
During the General Members’ Meeting on 31 May 2018, members of Royal FloraHolland voted in favour of a new governance structure in the form of a Members’ Council. This will strengthen the binding between members and the cooperative, allowing us to respond adequately to what is happening in the market, the cooperative and the company. As a member, would you like to make a difference and actively participate in the Members’ Council? Read this vacancy notice and register.
What does the Members' Council do?
The Members' Council plays a key role in Royal FloraHolland's transition towards the cooperative of the future. A Members' Council, consisting of around 40 members, actively discusses strategic themes with the Management Board and the Supervisory Board and conducts consultation sessions with the members. The Members' Council has a binding role between these parties and is responsible for representing the more than 4,000 members of the cooperative.
A member of the Members' Council is characterised by his or her engagement in the cooperative, by wanting to know how fellow growers are doing, in the company Royal FloraHolland and in the sector.
Who can stand as a candidate?
A member on the Members' Council must belong to the circle of members of Royal FloraHolland. This means that you are (partially) the owner of a member company and/or authorized to represent the member company.
What do we offer and what do we expect of candidates?
- Intensive engagement with the developments going on in the cooperative, the company, its customers and environment
- Contact with members, Management Board and Supervisory Board to conduct member consultation, give advice and take decisions
- Possibility to take training courses on content, personal functioning and facilitating meetings
- After an onboarding period, generous opportunities for personal development
- Compensation for the attendance of meetings and reimbursements for travel and accommodation costs.
Candidates are interested in the markets in which Royal FloraHolland and its members are active and have an affinityfor the relationships involved in cooperative business. They assess which different interests are involved in these markets, are independent, and think and act in the general interest.
Candidates can or have the potential to:
- Conduct dialogues with members
- Think and act in terms of policy
- Finding support for decisions and positions taken on by the Members' Council and promoting these both in and outside for the consultation with members
Candidates are prepared to:
- Free up sufficient time to work effectively in the Members' Council
- The time investment is at leas two days per month. This estimate is based on attendance at and preparation for five Members' Councils meetings a year and three consultation sessions.
- Participation in subcommittees is also possible, depending on interest and availability.
- Actively participate in periodical evaluation of their own functioning
Candidates are fluent in English or are willing to master the language
- Members can put themselves forward as a candidate until the end of the day on 31 August 2018.
- In September and October the Nomination Committee selects the candidates based on interviews.
- At the start of November, the Nomination Committee proposes the selected candidates
- At the GMM on 6 December 2018, the members are appointed
Would you like to stand as a candidate?
Then register before 31 August 2018 by e-mail.
- Register for the Members' Council by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to know more about what it will be like to sit on the Members' Council? The members of the pilot Members' Council are happy to talk to you about it.